LASIK Eye Surgery
CUSTOM LASIK at OptiVision: In Wisconsin, Dr. Gerald Clarke & Dr. Eric Larson are leaders in custom LASIK laser vision correction. LASIK uses the iFS Advanced Femtosecond Laser System and the VISX Star S4 CustomVue Excimer Laser System. Appleton and Green Bay LASIK candidates can experience superior LASIK results at the most affordable pricing in Wisconsin. OptiVision LASIK payment plans make LASIK cost in Wisconsin affordable for nearly everyone. There are only a handful of vision correction centers in Wisconsin using this combination of technology and none of them have the level of experience or the affordability of OptiVision.
- LASIK (Laser Assisted-in-situ Keratomileusis) is a fast and painless procedure to correct farsightedness, nearsightedness, and astigmatism with dramatic results. Call us today to learn about the doctor’s results.
- The treatment of both eyes typically takes less than ten minutes—both eyes!
- LASIK Safety and Effectiveness FDA Approved for the iFS Advanced Femtosecond Laser System and the VISX Star S4 CustomVue Excimer Laser System.
- NASA and the US Military Warfighter program both insist on the same technology that OptiVision uses for LASIK. Click here to watch LASIK on the Frontlines
LASIK STEP BY STEP
First the eye is numbed with topical anesthetic. You are then reclined in a comfortable chair. Using the most advanced iFS Advanced Femtosecond Laser technology available, a flap that is about 1/5th the thickness of the cornea is created. This entire process takes about 10 seconds. You are then positioned under the AMO VISX Star S4 IR excimer laser. The doctor views your eye through a microscope on the laser.
The flap is then gently reflected, exposing the corneal bed. Using information from the AMO VISX WaveScan, the VISX Star S4 IR excimer laser precisely and smoothly changes the cornea’s curvature.
After the laser treatment, the flap is replaced and held in place by the natural healing processes of the cornea.
Most Accepted Laser System in the United States – With over fifteen years of clinical use in the United States, AMO VISX Excimer lasers account for nearly 70% of all installed refractive LASIK lasers, making VISX the tried and true gold standard for nearly all LASIK surgeons. OptiVision offers most advanced LASIK technology in Wisconsin to potential LASIK candidates in Appleton and Green Bay.
iDESIGN TECHNOLOGY: EXTREME PRECISION
iDesign is an innovative system which produces a highly-detailed 3D map of the eye and enhances your treatment. Capturing over 1,200 microscopic eye imperfections, your iDesign map is as unique as your fingerprint.iDesign, improves upon previous eye-mapping technology, providing five times more data points in mapping the aberrations and irregularities of a patient’s eye.
Make every treatment a true original!
The iDESIGN® Refractive Studio is the first and only topo-integrated, wavefront-guided technology.
It maps the entire optical pathway inside the eye with wavefront analysis.
- Measures both lower and higher aberrations
- ~1,257 data points capture the most minuscule distortions
- 25X more precise than conventional measurements like manifest refraction*
- 5X the resolution with high-definition Hartmann-Shack Wavefront Sensor†
It maps the entire surface of the cornea with corneal topography.
- Uses a built-in full-gradient topographer to capture ~1,200 x- and y-slopes to interpret minuscule variations in the corneal surface
It uses topo-integrated wavefront-guided technology.
- Individual patient’s topographic data are used to vertex wavefront-guided data from pupil to corneal plane
- Individual patient’s topographic data are used to calculate accurate treatment delivery by taking into account cosine compensation
3 DIMENSIONAL EYE TRACKER WITH IR
The VISX ActiveTrak System allows patients the peace of mind of knowing that the laser is following their eye in all 3 dimensions, compensating for even the slightest loss of fixation. Iris registration ensures the treatment information obtained from the WaveScan is properly registered on the cornea.
VARIABLE SPOT SCANNING/VARIABLE REPETITION RATE
Seven beam scanning array allows for even laser energy distribution and the variable size spots at a variable repetition rate allow for greater shaping flexibility and results in the smoothest and gentlest ablation of any excimer laser.
LASIK has been FDA approved as a safe and effective way to reduce your dependency on contacts and glasses. Although nearly 100% of OptiVision Custom LASIK patients are highly satisfied with their experience, no surgery is without risk. Call OptiVision today to schedule your complimentary consultation and give us an opportunity to help you decide if LASIK is right for you. We pride ourselves in giving honest and straightforward LASIK information to our prospective candidates, our surgeons feel that education is the first step to a great LASIK laser vision correction outcome.
If you are interested in learning more about the details of LASIK laser vision correction, we encourage you to visit the following links or call us to schedule your free LASIK consultation in Green Bay, or Appleton at 1-800-20HAPPY:
If you have questions about what to do after your LASIK surgery, read this post explaining the post-operative LASIK care.